[Foundation-l] Is random article truly random

Fae fae at wikimedia.org.uk
Fri Oct 21 08:32:11 UTC 2011

Thanks, I have used the random article from a category tool before
(creating buttons as part of the GLAM work) but what we really need is
a 'Safe for Work' random link.

I guess the answer is the usual, if Tom wants to browse Wikipedia from
his tablet on the train and never run into the 0.1% chance of
offending someone looking over his shoulder, he'd better switch off
images or at least avoid the temptation to click on [[Fisting]]. At
the moment it's slightly ironic as it is hard to find mainstream news
websites not showing gory pictures of a dead man in their lead
articles and they have no warnings or options to hide the images
either.

Cheers,
Fae