[Foundation-l] Image filter - what are the current plans?

WereSpielChequers werespielchequers at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 15:49:12 UTC 2011

> On 19 October 2011 14:14, Andrew Garrett <agarrett at wikimedia.org> wrote:
>
> > Well, let's make sure that in any implementation of an image filter
> > that does go ahead, we've thought through and addressed each of those
> > consequences. You won't find any argument from me on that.
> > --
> > Andrew Garrett
> > Wikimedia Foundation
> > agarrett at wikimedia.org
>

> So from the Foundation side, what are the current plans? I assume this
> is a subject of internal discussion.
>

> - d.

I don't know what's being said in the Foundation or on the internal mailing
list. But we have a time out for three months before the developers will be
available, and Sue Gardner has accepted that solutions can't be based on our
category system.
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User_talk:WereSpielChequers/filter#Thanks_for_this_proposal.2C_WereSpielCheqrs

WereSpielChequers