[Foundation-l] Letter to the community on Controversial Content

Risker risker.wp at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 00:49:13 UTC 2011

On 10 October 2011 19:12, Kim Bruning <kim at bruning.xs4all.nl> wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 10, 2011 at 07:43:22PM -0400, Risker wrote:

> > > Let me check: Have seen your image filter software actually
> > > directly use categories from commons? Are you sure?
> > >

> > Yes, I have seen net-nanny software directly block entire Commons
> > categories.
>
> Ok, so you can ask net nanny to obtain categories from commons,
> and use them to block images on wikipedia? Or is it blocking by
> key word, and only on commons?
>
> Can you arrange a demonstration for me?
>
> sincerely,
>        Kim Bruning

No, I can't arrange a demonstration, Kim. I do not have net nannies on any
system that I control.  The systems on which I have encountered them are not
publicly accessible. They have prevented access to all articles I tested
within a given category on English Wikipedia and all images within a given
category that I tested on Commons.

Risker