[Foundation-l] Letter to the community on Controversial Content

Kim Bruning kim at bruning.xs4all.nl
Mon Oct 10 17:37:05 UTC 2011

On Mon, Oct 10, 2011 at 01:44:09PM +0400, Yaroslav M. Blanter wrote:
> I was following the discussion without ever giving my own opinion, and my
> impression is that we are going nowhere.
>

> I think what should come next is that one of the filter proponents would
> come up with a suggestion for a workable scheme. (I guess the opponents of
> the filter would not be so much interested).

I think that having the image blurring system, combined with an option to unblur,
would get us very far towards the stated board directive, and I don't think
many in the community would object, and we could reach consensus fairly quickly.

While we're on the business of perhaps putting these options in a right-click menu,
we could also make other images tools (more explicitly) available
like adding the option to add image-maps, and making explicit the options
to view license details and full size versions of the image.

If there are but few additions, we can go straight to bugzilla. If people feel that
adjustment is needed, we can take this to meta first, before moving to bugzilla.

sincerely,
	Kim Bruning