[Foundation-l] Blackout at Italian Wikipedia - What exactly does the proposed law say?

Federico Leva (Nemo) nemowiki at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 13:20:42 UTC 2011

Lodewijk, 06/10/2011 14:24:
> No dia 6 de Outubro de 2011 14:01, Federico Leva (Nemo)
> escreveu:
>
>> This doesn't mean that we've misinformed users: prominent jurists agree
>> that the proposed law is absolutely crazy for Wikipedia and other
>> websites; and the community had discussed and assessed the effects of
>> the proposed law for a long time before.
>>

> it's not that I dont trust you - but several people have asked me for such
> opinions. Is there somewhere an overview of legal experts interpreting
> this?

Yes, there are some, but do you mean for websites in general or for
Wikipedia specifically? Are Italian texts enough?
I've linked only a statement by Rodotà before because I can't imagine a
more authoritative one now (I'm open to suggestions), but WMI is now
asking more thorough analysis to legal experts.

Nemo