[Foundation-l] Blackout at Italian Wikipedia

Jalo jalo75 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 16:00:25 UTC 2011

> Does the proposed law say who is responsible for compliance? I would be
> surprised if it was anyone other than the WMF. Legally speaking, we're all
> just users of the website

Maybe you're right, but it's not so obvious. [Sorry for my english] There is
a lawsuit opened by a person against WMItaly, 'cause wikipedia was stating
something against him (all referenced).

WMItaly is not related to it.wikip, but the lawsuit is brought, and we have
to spend money for lawyers 'till the lawsuit conclusion.

It'll be the same for this law. Italian police will get my name using my IP,
the italian political will bring a lawsuit against me 'cause I didn't
published his amendment, and I'll have to spend money (too much money, to
me) 'till the judge will says he's a stupid.

I cannot do this, almost all it.wikip users cannot do, and so I'll stop
contributing.

I remember you, if it's necessary, that the amendment must be published
without comment and unmodifiable, so we'll have to block all articles in
which an amandment is required (almost all politicals articles, sport
players articles, merchandising sellers articles and so on).

Jalo