[Foundation-l] Image filter brainstorming: Personal filter lists

Kim Bruning kim at bruning.xs4all.nl
Tue Nov 29 22:52:25 UTC 2011

On Tue, Nov 29, 2011 at 02:40:15PM +0100, Andre Engels wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 29, 2011 at 1:03 PM, Tobias Oelgarte
> <tobias.oelgarte at googlemail.com> wrote:
>
> > The problem starts at the point where the user does not choose the
> > image(s) for himself and uses a predefined set on what should no be
> > shown. Someone will have to create this sets and this will be
> > unavoidably a violation of NPOV in the first place.
>
> No, why would it? What does it say if someone created such a set?
> "These are pictures of such-and-so, and there might be people who do
> not want to see pictures of such-and-so." I don't see the NPOV here.
> Nobody is saying "These pictures should not be seen". They are saying,
> "some people would not like to see these pictures". That's not POV.

I thought we were past this point in the discussion, and working towards common consensus.

Here's the key argument from a "fellow traveller"[1] kind of organisation, to help you catch up. :-)

http://www.ala.org/Template.cfm?Section=interpretations&Template=/ContentManagement/ContentDisplay.cfm&ContentID=8657

sincerely,
	Kim Bruning

[1] Am I using this term right?