[Foundation-l] Wikimedia Poland to start a travelling POTY pictures exhibition in Warsaw (an announcement)

Liam Wyatt liamwyatt at gmail.com
Thu Nov 24 16:24:32 UTC 2011

David - you don't have to wait to be incorporated :-) Feel free to go and
recreate this exhibition, it's free culture after all!

Tomasz - great work. I've always wanted to have my local community art
gallery have a PoTY exhibition and maybe with the photos of your event I
might be able to convince them. Perhaps it is out of the scope of what you
could do this year, but have you thought about using QRpedia codes to link
to the articles about the subject of the photos (so people can read more
about what they are looking at). Perhaps for those images that are created
by Wikimedians (not NASA etc) we could even get a paragraph from the artist
talking about how they got the photo or why they like using Commons. Would
give some nice contextualisation for the pictures :-)

Congrats,
-Liam

wittylama.com/blog
Peace, love & metadata