[Foundation-l] Occupy events: Are you OK?

M. Williamson node.ue at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 05:52:28 UTC 2011

I have not participated much in the Occupy protest in my city, but I can
report that Pancho Ramos Stierle, who I spent time in jail with here in
Phoenix because of our protests over the discriminatory immigration law
that went into effect last year, was arrested in Oakland as part of the
Occupy Oakland movement. You can read more here:

http://www.mercurynews.com/news/ci_19357440

To make a long story short, there is now a possibility that he will be
deported to Mexico, although he is well known for his good work with the
community and has helped countless people.

My significant other's best friend was arrested in OWS in New York City
several weeks ago as well but she has been released since then.