[Foundation-l] Fwd: Wikimedia India Program Trust

rupert THURNER rupert.thurner at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 06:23:40 UTC 2011

hi bishaka,

many thanks for your mail! i like a lot your attitude a lot to challenge
constantly existing ways of thinking and doing :)

just let us look on others. our exemplary organizations are not doing
anything different than in all other countries:
* http://www.indianredcross.org/sb.htm
* http://www.msfindia.in/
* national indian football leage
* http://www.wwfindia.org/

coming to the other point you made about "living up to expectations". i am
pretty sure you know that the chapters are "per definition" at the center
stage, like wmf is. and you know of the careful ant patient proceeding
which led, in a second try, to a successful UK chapter. and the thoughtful
and friendly and listening proceeding to make every organization in the
wiki universe live up to the expectations and get better, which now can be
seen exemplary by planning the future fundraising and fund disemination.

is there a reason why the wikimedia movement should address it differently
in india? why not be patient? why not be consistent? why not do like the
other big ones, surely much more experienced in india than we are?

rupert