[Foundation-l] Wiki Meetup in La Plata (Argentina)

Patricio Lorente patricio.lorente at gmail.com
Sun Nov 13 12:05:26 UTC 2011

Dear friends, please find in this link
(http://www.flickr.com/photos/blmurch/sets/72157628115659272/) some
photos of our Wiki meetup of yesterday in the Astronomical Observatory
of La Plata[1].

Most of the people you can see in the group photo are wikimedians, but
in the afternoon we had workshops for newbies and more people arrived:
students and professors of La Plata University to learn how to edit
Wikipedia, and librarians to see how to scann books with a "Do It
Yourself" Book Scanner. We used an ancient astronomie book of 1764 wich
will be soon uploaded to Wikimedia Commons -after post processing.

Matthew Roth was also here, making some interviews for the fundraising.

                          Patricio

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_Plata_Astronomical_Observatory

--
Patricio Lorente