[Foundation-l] Wikimedia India Program Trust

Bishakha Datta bishakhadatta at gmail.com
Sat Nov 12 16:23:04 UTC 2011

On Sat, Nov 12, 2011 at 7:48 PM, Arjuna Rao Chavala <arjunaraoc at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> This thread has brought up several points of interest to Wikimedia India.
> First let me take this opportunity to thank the Foundation Grants team for
> all the help for our bootstrapping work, be it Legal consultant or
> Documentation for FCRA etc. We have been interacting regularly with India
> programs, it was limited to sharing of the plan and progress on each
> other's initiatives and some collaboration, as Hisham and myself are  on
> the advisory board of Wiki Conference India 2011.
>
> <snip>

> In summary, while the objectives of Wikimedia India and Wikimedia
> Foundation India programs are common, we really need to define the
> relationship to a sufficient level of clarity and continue to iterate the
> same based on experiences.
>
> I'd like to propose that the India chapter and the Program trust do a
joint review in Feb 2012 or so to generally take stock of what's working,
what's not, what can be improved etc.

Suggesting Feb 2012 since it will be 12 months since Hisham would have
started work, and about 13 months since the chapter would have been
officially registered in India, so similar time spans.

Of course, it could be done later too - you'll can figure out the right
time together...feel this might help, in addition to the monthly calls,
informal interactions etc.

Best
Bishakha