[Foundation-l] MENA Education Program?

aude aude.wiki at gmail.com
Sat Nov 12 13:26:53 UTC 2011

Erik, Sue, Frank, et al,

Can you please say more about the plans for a Middle East education
program? (yes I have read notes from the recent trip on outreach wiki)

What is the timeframe? Who is going to run it? Will you establish a
"trust" there? Where will the office be?

If the program is to be duplicated, I certainly hope there are not the
same issues with quality, as has happened in Pune.  What lessons have
you learned and what will you do differently?

Knowing that there is quite a backlog, last time I checked, with
pending changes on Arabic Wikipedia, I am very concerned for the
ability of volunteers there to handle a massive influx of new content.

I am also concerned if you setup a trust in, say Egypt, that will put
a damper on any efforts to form a chapter, which I know has been
discussed.

If done carefully and well, I would be very delighted to see outreach
programs be a success for Arabic Wikipedia, and hope that will be the
case.

Cheers,
Katie