[Foundation-l] Newbie recruitment: referencing

Liam Wyatt liamwyatt at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 09:24:25 UTC 2011

My guess about how to go about doing that would be to write up the
documentation for how to use the relevant parts of the API for this
specific purpose. I think it would not be possible to give a solution that
worked for everyone because each external website would have a different
database structure that would need to be mapped to. Nevertheless I'm sure
that as long as we make it perfectly clear what needs to be done, the 3rd
party website's admins will know how to make that happen. I also assume
that it would need to be different kinds of formatting for different
language editions to make it work with the local template parameters.

Not being a techie though, I've no idea if the kind of documentation is
really hard to produce or is really simple. Nevertheless I strongly suspect
that it would be easier/faster/cheaper to do that than to introduce major
usability improvements to the citation system on Wikipedia(s).

-Liam

wittylama.com/blog
Peace, love & metadata