[Foundation-l] User talk page email notification. Good change, but needs tweaking

WereSpielChequers werespielchequers at gmail.com
Sun May 15 14:10:57 UTC 2011

I noticed this was on when I received my first Email about a post on
my EN wiki talkpage, so it is on and I think we can assume working by
default for everyone who has set an email address.

But I think the message was copied from something to do with
watchlisting, without fully changing it.

I think we could make it slightly less brusque and more related to
talkpages by changing:

"Dear WereSpielChequers,

The Wikipedia page User talk:WereSpielChequers has been changed on
14 May 2011 by MC10, see
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:WereSpielChequers for the current
revision.

See
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=User_talk:WereSpielChequers&diff=0&oldid=428305982
for all changes since your last visit.

Editor's summary: /* Mail */ new section

Contact the editor:
mail: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:EmailUser/MC10
wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:MC10

There will be no other notifications in case of further changes unless
you visit this page.
You could also reset the notification flags for all your watched pages
on your watchlist.

            Your friendly Wikipedia notification system

--
To change your watchlist settings, visit
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Watchlist/edit

To delete the page from your watchlist, visit
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=User_talk:WereSpielChequers&action=unwatch

Feedback and further assistance:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Help:Contents"

Dear WereSpielChequers,

You have a new message on your talkpage, your fellow editor MC10 left
you a message on 14 May 2011 with the edit summary " /* Mail */ new
section".  See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:WereSpielChequers
for your messages.

Or http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=User_talk:WereSpielChequers&diff=0&oldid=428305982
for all messages since your last visit.

We won't send you any more emails about messages on your talkpage
unless you login and look at the message(s) already waiting for you.

To opt out of further emails telling you you have messages on the
English language version of Wikipedia, just login and reset your
preferences at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Preferences#preftab-0

            Your friendly Wikipedia notification system"

WereSpielChequers