[Foundation-l] wiki for interwiki (was: Foundation too passive)

Marcus Buck me at marcusbuck.org
Mon Mar 21 17:52:41 UTC 2011

An'n 21.03.2011 09:27, hett Andre Engels schreven:
> On Mon, Mar 21, 2011 at 8:50 AM, Ashar Voultoiz<hashar+wmf at free.fr>  wrote:
>
>> You do have the power! The world as immensely changed in the last few
>> years thanks to the internet.  Internet is just about connecting people
>> and every little step is a change.  Get an idea, get community members
>> sharing it then you can markets it, find developers and get it applied
>> to the live site.
> I guess I'm awfully inadequate at that then... Moving interwikis to a
> separate site is something that I first proposed back in 2002
> (although then saying it was 'something for the (far?) future'), that
> has many community members and I think also developers behind it, and
> yet it's 2011 now, and it still seems that it will not be there in the
> near future.
Peter17 had a Google Summer of Code project in which he developed code
that allows interwiki transclusion. And Nikola Smolenski's Interlanguage
extension is developed since 2008.

So it's not the volunteers who lack. Apparently the main problem is "get
it applied to the live site".

Marcus Buck
User:Slomox