[Foundation-l] breaking English Wikipedia apart

Risker risker.wp at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 15:21:20 UTC 2011

On 14 March 2011 11:03, David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 14 March 2011 15:01, Risker <risker.wp at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > David, I strongly object to your continued twisting of my words,
>

> The link to your precise words is there. It's what you actually said.
>
> Or are you claiming those links are not to your words?

Nowhere in my words did I say anything that in any way implies that either I
or the Arbitration Committee as a whole "feels it has lost so much community
confidence it doesn't even feel it has the power to enforce long-standing
fundamental policies".

The Arbitration Committee is not a police force, it was never intended to
be, and there was never any interest on the part of the community for it to
become so.  There was no loss of community confidence in Arbcom's policing
functions, because those functions never existed.

But for the second time now, you are derailing a discussion on one topic (in
this case, whether there is a benefit in breaking up large projects, and in
the prior case, how to attract and retain female editors) so that you can
focus on your preferred topic of berating a committee for not doing what
it's not intended to do.  I cannot speak for others, but I find that to be
quite inconsiderate to the other editors participating in the respective
threads. Some might even consider it....uncivil.

Risker/Anne