[Foundation-l] Raising funds without being quite so annoying to readers

Theo10011 de10011 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 5 16:46:49 UTC 2011

WereSpielChequers, I believe we either tried or considered all those things
and more.

I think we established continuing donations sometime half-way through the
fundraiser, it mostly depends on the payment intermediaries- Philippe and
Megan really worked hard on getting it. From what I recall, Zack and the
rest of the team considered all those things and many more to reach out to
possible benefactors during the fundraiser. They didn't just consider money
raised per ad, but a whole host of metrics about every banner and every
minute detail.

Do bear in mind that there are a lot of legal limitation when dealing with
such an international user-base - things like merchandising are governed by
non-profit policies, internationalizing is another issue we have to
consider. The foundation is limited in that option and that is where the
chapters need to take the lead in establishing donation infrastructure in
their respective countries.

Theo