[Foundation-l] Changes to the CFOO department

Veronique Kessler vkessler at wikimedia.org
Thu Mar 3 20:41:33 UTC 2011

Hi All,

I'll be leaving WMF at the end of June to relocate with my family to
Austin, TX.This has been a difficult decision to make.  I have worked
for the Foundation for more than 3 years and it has been an incredible
experience.  I've had the opportunity here to wear many different hats
and to be part of a creative leadership team at the fastest-growing
non-profit in the U.S.I know that I will never encounter another
organization quite like WMF again, but I do hope to impart some of the
great aspects of WMF (such as transparency and collaboration) to other
organizations in the future.

I'm sticking around to to complete the development of the 2011-12
business plan, hence I'll be here with WMF until July 1. You can expect
me to be doing my normal work until then, and of course I'll be
available afterwards if the organization needs anything from me.

Thanks to everyone who is part of the fantastic projects of Wikimedia
and keep up the good work!

Veronique