[Foundation-l] Nominating Committee

Jan-Bart de Vreede janbart at wikimedia.org
Sat Jun 25 20:41:12 UTC 2011

Hi

Having had the honor of being one of the first outside appointed board member to the Wikimedia Board I do want to add that one of the main reasons for having appointed members is to get an outsiders perspective. This is generally considered good practice. Basically the idea behind this is that by having as a diverse a board as possible with regards to knowledge, perspective and background that board will be able to perform its "governance" role better.

Jan-Bart