[Foundation-l] Election results?

Samuel Klein meta.sj at gmail.com
Sat Jun 18 01:35:01 UTC 2011

On Friday, June 17, 2011, Patricio Lorente <patricio.lorente at gmail.com> wrote:
> Congratulations to Ting, SJ and Kat!

Thank you Patricio, and all who shared congratulations.

This is a tricky time for the projects and the Foundation - we are
squarely facing a drop in participation for the first time.  Among
other things, we need fresh ideas and insights more than ever.

So I sympathize with Tinu - change is important. - and with Harel, we
should take care to balance the advantages of incumbency.  A longer
period for debate and questions and translation, and an official
debate or set of well-organized questions, would help.

Patricio writes:
>I'm sure you are going to keep on
> the good work and to address some of the things that have been said in
> this election.

I thought you in particular made some excellent points about equity in
communication and accountable governance.  I hope you will continue to
push for your suggestions.

Regards,
SJ

--
Samuel Klein          identi.ca:sj           w:user:sj          +1 617 529
4266