[Foundation-l] content ownership in different projects

Apostolis Xekoukoulotakis xekoukou at gmail.com
Sat Jun 18 00:01:15 UTC 2011

I am a bit biased since I have a project to add a trust metric on mediawiki
but I think that content ownership is important. It lets us evaluate the
content without reading it which is important to most of us who are only
experts on one subject. Of course that poses the question why Knol didnt
succeed as much as Wikimedia. I am in favor of forking articles, maybe
though knol didnt have a good trust metric to help people choose between
forked articles. In any case, if someone doesnt want other to change their
articles, the best thing that could be done is forking the article. That of
course is against the way Wikimedia works.

http://opensociety.referata.com/wiki/Main_Page