[Foundation-l] Election results?

Alec Conroy alecmconroy at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 15:19:55 UTC 2011

On Fri, Jun 17, 2011 at 8:13 AM, Harel Cain <harel.cain at gmail.com> wrote:
> One thing the board might want to concern itself with now is how to allow
> for more change in the next elections, in other words how to counteract the
> built-in advantages of the incumbent(s), which in the board elections is
> even bigger than in usual political elections.

I suspect the board will recruit, formally or informally, the top n
runners-up to help provide the usual "new blood"ish infusion that a
normal election result provides.    The global community wants to keep
the keys in the current hands, but it did also point out others it
likes, and we should be sure to keep engaging them at the
movement-wide strategy level.

Alec