[Foundation-l] content ownership in different projects

Peter Gervai grinapo at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 13:34:55 UTC 2011

On Fri, Jun 17, 2011 at 15:24, Amir E. Aharoni
<amir.aharoni at mail.huji.ac.il> wrote:
> In such cases, as an Israeli saying goes, i am right, but i am not
> clever. It hurts that person and it hurts the project, because that
> person may otherwise be a very valuable contributor and such things
> often make people resign. And every time it happens i spend months
> thinking how i could avoid it.

I am not sure it is a valuable contributor who do not accept the base
of the community work, who do not spend time to understand the legal
license what is being used publishing and don't even take the time to
listen to others.

S/he may be a future valuable contributor after serious education.
Time. Energy.

> So, are we doomed to experience such things every once in a while?

Definitely. People fight WARS over ownership of nothings. We're a
pretty stupid, stubborn race. You know that very well in Israel. ;-)

> Or does anyone have a bright idea about improving the balance between
> ownership and wiki-ness?

Apart from starting their own projects, I don't think so.

grin