[Foundation-l] Election results?

MZMcBride z at mzmcbride.com
Fri Jun 17 12:06:44 UTC 2011

Matanya wrote:
> I'm really sorry no word was said until now, but we have some technical
> problems. We have been working on them for last 24h, and hope they are
> solved. I hope (no guarantees), that results will be out in the next 24h.
> Sorry Matanya 14:14, 16 June 2011 (UTC)

Source: http://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?diff=2667116&oldid=2666426

Naturally I assume "technical problems" is a euphemism.

The Election Committee seems to have completely dropped the ball, either in
setting an unrealistic deadline and/or in not effectively communicating why
it's been unable to meet the deadline. Pages such as
<http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Board_elections/2011/Results/en> have simply
seen their verb tense shifted. For something of this importance, the whole
situation is really rather unacceptable.

MZMcBride