[Foundation-l] Global ban - poetlister?

Steven Walling steven.walling at gmail.com
Fri Jun 3 23:27:47 UTC 2011

On Fri, Jun 3, 2011 at 1:33 PM, phoebe ayers <phoebe.wiki at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm glad to see this discussion made more general -- beyond this
> particular case, and towards the general process for how and when we
> can (and should) globally ban someone. I also think that we need to
> have a clear process that can be used -- with care, but also without
> requiring debate about *process* for every case. It helps everyone if
> there are agreed-upon minimum standards for behavior and a process for
> review of problems. More specifically, I think Scott's suggestions
> above make a lot of sense.

Jumping off of this conversation, and trying to push the conversation to
on-wiki ;-), I've created a page on Meta with a set of open questions...

https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/meta/wiki/Global_bans

Please edit boldly!

I also wanted to say that I think the views expressed by Yaroslav and
Strainu earlier about participation from people who aren't English
Wikipedians need to be on the top of our priority list for discussions like
these.

Steven