[Foundation-l] Oral Citations project: People are Knowledge

Ziko van Dijk zvandijk at googlemail.com
Wed Jul 27 20:51:21 UTC 2011

Dear Achal,

I don't have a form fetishism :-) although I highly prefer written to
oral sources for many practical reasons. You know that in oral history
projects the transcription is an essential part of the work, by the
way.

What I am pointing to is the difference between primary sources and
secondary sources. It is the utmost important distinction in history
science. I am sure that any introduction to historiography will agree
with me on that.

Kind regards
Ziko

Ziko van Dijk