[Foundation-l] Black market science

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 17:10:25 UTC 2011

On 20 July 2011 17:54, Andrew Gray <andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk> wrote:

> But in more general terms, why do you specifically feel JSTOR are a
> problem needing dealt with? They do a lot of things right with their

Game-theoretic considerations: 1. to discourage others (this is quite
important) 2. to discourage JSTOR, because even attempting to withdraw
themselves from this one they benefit. (And their press release seems
to be quite aware of the game-theoretic considerations too, which is
why they're distancing themselves as fast as possible.) I'm still
working it out.

- d.