[Foundation-l] Black market science

Samuel Klein meta.sj at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 14:28:33 UTC 2011

Andrea,  I hear you suggesting that we need a different upload process
for pdfs and other documents, wherein when you upload them there is a
"digital document to paged wikitext" script that runs and generates an
appropriate result, which can then be imported elsewhere on the
projects as needed.

> My point (working in an academic digital library and just seeing the amount
> of thesis, dissertation, articles passing by) is that if for people is a
> difficult, overcomplicated burden to upload a PDF in an institutional
> repository (5 minutes of their time, even less), how can we wikilibrarians
> think that they will come to us and upload and "curate" their text?

Right - these should be doable by different people.  An ambassador to
an institutional repository should be able to collect approving
signatures and do a bulk upload him/herself.

--
Sam.