[Foundation-l] List of Wikimedia projects and languages

emijrp emijrp at gmail.com
Mon Jul 11 10:59:52 UTC 2011

@Thomas and @Andre: I know that it is very hard to mantain a Wikipedia in
'remote' or 'almost extinct' languages, but, if we don't save as much as we
can of them (including words, grammar, culture, social values), how are we
going to offer 'all human knowledge' ?

How are we going to offer knowledge to every human being in the planet if we
have Wikipedias only in 270 of 7000 languages. How many people don't
understand any Wikipedia today?

2011/7/11 Thomas Goldammer <thogol at googlemail.com>

> I would estimate that we won't ever reach 300 (open)
> Wikipedia language versions,

LOL : ) That predictions use to be wrong. If we don't reach 300 languages in
2050 using editors, we will reach that milestone using
auto-translated-futuristic software.