[Foundation-l] Privacy concerns

Benjamin Chen cnchenminqi at gmail.com
Sun Jul 10 09:42:18 UTC 2011

> Gerard Meijssen, 09/07/2011 10:06:
>  > If you do not trust the person involved, you are crazy to send him a
> copy of
>  > your passport. This is a common sense. This policy as it obviously
> works..
>  > what is really your issue ?
>  >
>  > Do we really need a theoretical approach that only can bring us less
>  > functionality ? I do not think so.

Like what David pointed out, it may be more of a problem when it is not
clearly stated that the person receiving the letter is not a WMF staff or
officially authorised personnel. People *may *think that they are dealing
with official personnel but when they find out that they aren't, it may
cause dispute. But anyway there isn't much information in this thread to
tell.

Best,
[[User:Bencmq]] / Benjamin Chen