[Foundation-l] It Is not Us

Fred Bauder fredbaud at fairpoint.net
Fri Jul 1 14:01:06 UTC 2011

I think people should be more flexible in their postings. It is OK to
write a message in Japanese and also in not quite perfect, or even rather
poor English. Send both. And if there is no English just use Japanese,
even on this list. We can all go to Google translate and see more or less
what it says. The world is moving simultaneously in two directions:
English as lingua franca and towards mulilingualism.

I have no real hope of learning Japanese, but if someone is young and
spending a lot of time on a multilingual site they are going to learn
other languages naturally. People can be very fluent in their native
language. There is no reason they should not use it and say exactly what
they mean.

Fred