[Foundation-l] [Fwd: [Wiki-research-l] Pew Research Report on Wikipedia]

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Fri Jan 14 12:11:39 UTC 2011

On 13 January 2011 21:19, Pharos <pharosofalexandria at gmail.com> wrote:
> There's a high correlation between broadband and income levels that
> probably has more to do with it.

There is a correlation between broadband and age, as well, I believe.
The elderly (when they have an internet connection at all) are more
likely to use dialup than the general population (I think - I haven't
looked at the numbers recently). It wouldn't surprise me at all if
Wikipedia isn't used a much by the elderly as by the general
population.