[Foundation-l] Blink tag jokes are now obsolete.

Theo10011 de10011 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 31 12:38:01 UTC 2011

On Sat, Dec 31, 2011 at 2:36 PM, Amir E. Aharoni <
amir.aharoni at mail.huji.ac.il> wrote:

> 2011/12/31 geni <geniice at gmail.com>:
> > We appear to have actual blinking ads. Unfortunate. Still I suppose
> > the occasion should be marked.
>
> They are not blinking in a manner that is even remotely obnoxious. And
> they are also used for displaying bilingual messages, which is very
> useful for areas in which you can't be sure whether people prefer
> English or the local language, like India.

Actually, no. They are obnoxious in any language and area. Also, the most
widely viewed banners are in English in India.

We see the same blinks with the same pair of eyes as the rest of the world.
Content of the blink-ads, doesn't change what they are.

Regards
Theo