[Foundation-l] Article Feedback Tool 5 testing deployment

Jussi-Ville Heiskanen cimonavaro at gmail.com
Sat Dec 24 11:43:30 UTC 2011

On Sat, Dec 24, 2011 at 1:23 PM, Oliver Keyes <okeyes at wikimedia.org> wrote:

> To reply to Jussi; I think we're uniformly confused as to what you think is
> the link between an encyclopedia written by experts, and an encyclopedia
> that asks average joes to provide comments on articles (other than the
> "encyclopedia" bit, of course :-)). If you want this thread to go anywhere
> productively on that issue, you should probably start by explaining what
> you see as the link.

That is very useful as an attempt at bridging the approaches to
encyclopaedia building. So just for the benefit of people joining us
lately, but keeping things to the issue at hand rather than getting
diverted...

There is no link.

But there is a grasping hand that wants to link, and wikipedia
does not do that for things that are not working.

The whole idea of making a "structure" around how you "approve"
(or "reify" or whatever) an edit is the nucleus of the issue. It has
failed, it will fail and no amount of trying to push on a string will
make it succeed.