[Foundation-l] Article Feedback Tool 5 testing deployment

Oliver Keyes okeyes at wikimedia.org
Sat Dec 24 11:23:27 UTC 2011

So, to reply to Liam's point first - no, that's not the "real reason",
that's something that I, personally, think should be taken into account as
a secondary consideration; as said, I've emailed people asking for more
concrete information on the data gathered, and so I can get the rationale
"from the horse's mouth", as it were. It's christmas eve, so there's no
guarantee that I'll get a response immediately, but I'll let you know when
I do.

To reply to Jussi; I think we're uniformly confused as to what you think is
the link between an encyclopedia written by experts, and an encyclopedia
that asks average joes to provide comments on articles (other than the
"encyclopedia" bit, of course :-)). If you want this thread to go anywhere
productively on that issue, you should probably start by explaining what
you see as the link.

On 24 December 2011 11:20, Thomas Dalton <thomas.dalton at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Dec 24, 2011 8:55 AM, "Jussi-Ville Heiskanen" <cimonavaro at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > On Sat, Dec 24, 2011 at 10:14 AM, Liam Wyatt <liamwyatt at gmail.com>
> wrote:

> > > season
> observer
> from
> and
> > > arm

> > > Jussie-Ville -  terse or blunt is fine IF it is accompanied by a
> reasoned
> > > argument and preferably also a proposed alternative. I find your posts
> on
> > > this thread to be both full of hyperbolic metaphor as well as being
> > > unclear. As such I don't think they are helping your argument, however
> > > strong you might hold your opinions on the topic.
> >
> > I don't really get the "unclear" bit.
>
> It is extremely unclear to me what connection there is between the AFT and
> Nupedia. It sounds like meaningless rhetoric to me.
>
> Also, please don't send four emails in response to one. It is completely
> unnecessary and makes it even harder to follow what you are trying to say.

Oliver Keyes
Community Liaison, Product Development
Wikimedia Foundation