[Foundation-l] Article Feedback Tool 5 testing deployment

WereSpielChequers werespielchequers at gmail.com
Fri Dec 23 21:06:17 UTC 2011

The theory that the Article Feedback Tool may be encouraging newbies to
edit is an interesting one, though not in my view born out by the
statistics. http://stats.wikimedia.org/EN/TablesWikipediaEN.htm

Comparing the number of newbies in recent months with the same month last
year I can't help but notice that last year we were getting rather more
newbies. This current testing phase gives us the opportunity to test not
just against the earlier version but against no AFT at all. Of course its
possible that if we didn't have the AFT encouraging readers to rate rather
than edit articles we would be having an even steeper decline in the number
of newbies. But logic and the statistics make me think otherwise.

WereSpielChequers