[Foundation-l] Article Feedback Tool 5 testing deployment

Oliver Keyes okeyes at wikimedia.org
Thu Dec 22 16:49:55 UTC 2011

Actually, we're trying to avoid turning off AFT4. The reasoning is twofold.

On a product development front, the AFT5 presence is for testing purposes,
and for testing purposes only; it will be up for around 2-3 weeks so we can
build a decent picture of the quantity and quality of feedback we're
getting. While this process is going on, we want to maintain a pretty
coherent interface for the readers to avoid confusion - and AFT4 is much
closer to AFT5 than no form at all is.

On a data front, because the AFT5 presence is only for tests, and is only
temporary (at least at the moment) there's no question of AFT4 feedback
being ignored; the actual replacement of AFT4 with AFT5 on a wider scale is
still quite some time away, and until that happens, I hope any AFT4
feedback will be taken into account.