[Foundation-l] Smurfs Movie is infringing on wikipedia copyright

Robert Rohde rarohde at gmail.com
Sat Dec 17 18:32:44 UTC 2011

Is that screenshot actually from Wikipedia?

It looks like the name is File:Blue Moon.JPG (though it is hard to
tell from the video), but we have no such image under that name.

The article [[blue moon]] actually uses a different image, and as far
as I can see from browsing the history it always has.

So, it seems like it might not even be a real screenshot of Wikipedia,
but rather a page that had been further edited for their purposes.
For example, they easily could have swapped in a public domain image
of the moon from NASA.

-Robert Rohde