[Foundation-l] Wikimedia Foundation's 2010-11 Annual Report

Federico Leva (Nemo) nemowiki at gmail.com
Sat Dec 17 08:19:24 UTC 2011

Thank you! Now reading it. :-)
In the meanwhile:

Jay Walsh, 17/12/2011 00:34:
> This year we considerably expanded our multi-lingual effort by adding 6
> translated 'summary' reports in Arabic, Japanese, French, German,
> Portugese, and Spanish.

How were those languages chosen? I can't see any (clear) criterion being
used. I've already asked the same question for the "Wikimedia
highlights" (and something else) and I didn't get any answer; given that
you're using the same languages for eveything, it would be nice to
explain where they came from. I suppose the WMF put some thought in it,
so it would help to update the old
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Transcom#Core_set_of_languages
Thank you,
	Nemo