[Foundation-l] Subject: Re: Vendetta?

Robin McCain robin at slmr.com
Thu Dec 15 17:04:49 UTC 2011

It isn't so much about having my stuff edited as it is that there seems
to be a mindset among en.wp editors that stuff needs to be deleted
unless they personally think it is important. We have a virtually
infinite space in which to write and add to the body of knowledge, so
why act as though it needs to be made smaller by applying some arbitrary
criterion?

I do not have that much free time to be arguing over trivialities - I'm
trying to record history as it has happened from my perspective. If you
don't like my objectivity then go do your own research and do some
editing - don't go for a 1984 style darconian rewrite/deletion.

Right now I'm spending all my free time wrestling with the article on
"light bulb sockets", which I did not originate. It is difficult to talk
about the sockets without bringing in all sorts of technical reasons why
they are the way they are. I didn't throw out the originator's material
- I've expanded it based on my experiences in the theatrical lighting
industry. I'm sure someone will eventually want to edit the material and
take the time to organize it a bit more. That is ok - it is what
collaboration is all about.