[Foundation-l] "Terms of use" : Anglo-saxon copyright law and Anglo-saxon lawyers : a disgrace for Continental Europeans

Oliver Keyes okeyes at wikimedia.org
Wed Dec 14 10:49:26 UTC 2011

I've actually been doing a lot of research on the history of copyright law
on-wiki - see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Ironholds/statute for
example - and I've been focusing on the Berne Convention, later on. The
rationale for encyclopaedias (something that is not just common law, but in
some nations, statutory) is essentially that; encyclopedias contain
thousands of tiny, two-line long articles, and attribution is a bitch.

Oliver Keyes
Community Liason, Product Development
Wikimedia Foundation