[Foundation-l] "Terms of use" : Anglo-saxon copyright law and Anglo-saxon lawyers : a disgrace for Continental Europeans

geni geniice at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 17:01:23 UTC 2011

On 12 December 2011 20:54, Ryan Kaldari <rkaldari at wikimedia.org> wrote:
> I suppose we could add a disclaimer saying that the Terms of Use do not
> affect the editor's moral rights, although this would be a bit redundant
> since the CC-BY-SA license already states this.
>
> Ryan Kaldari

The problem is that the intent is to trash the editor's moral rights.
In fact that term would be a particular problem in the UK where it is
just about possible that you might be able to give up your moral
rights via click through so the inclusion of such a term would rather
spoil the intent.

--
geni