[Foundation-l] [Internal-l] Regarding Berkman/Sciences Po study

Kim Bruning kim at bruning.xs4all.nl
Mon Dec 12 21:08:17 UTC 2011

On Mon, Dec 12, 2011 at 06:59:24PM +0000, Oliver Keyes wrote:

> On Sunday, 11 December 2011, Renata St <renatawiki at gmail.com> wrote:
> >> as per WIARM.
> > As I said, analyze and nitpick things to death. Does any of that above *
> > really* matter?
> Speaking off the record and in my personal capacity - fuckin' A. Thank you
> for being the one sane voice :p

Hilariously enough, Renata and I are saying almost the same thing, I just [[WP:WOTTA]]ed it.
The one thing we disagree on is that Renata is arguing "Ignore all rules"
and I prepend:  "if it improves the encyclopedia"

Compare with the policy on the page:
	http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:IAR

The tag soup takes up more space than the actual policy. :-P

It really can't get much simpler than this. If you want to look at some of the corolleries
of this single sentence rule, see [[Wikipedia:What "Ignore all rules" means]].

If you think that's insane, then I seriously don't know what's sane anymore. :-/

sincerely,
	Kim "Ignore All Rules; or else!" Bruning