[Foundation-l] Regarding Berkman/Sciences Po study

Jérôme Hergueux jerome.hergueux at gmail.com
Sat Dec 10 05:42:11 UTC 2011

I do, however, have concerns about any research that expects to contact
40,000 editors and involve 1500 of them; that is a very significant portion
of our active editorship on the English Wikipedia project.

Commenting on this: out of those targeted 40,000 editors, 30,000 or so are
*newly registered users*, so that the sample remains somewhat
representative of the diversity we find on en:wp. The rest of it indeed are
active contributors.

Regards,

Jérôme.