[Foundation-l] Is a research banner "advertising" of the evil sort?

Marc A. Pelletier marc at uberbox.org
Fri Dec 9 15:36:45 UTC 2011

On 09/12/2011 10:26 AM, Thomas Morton wrote:
> Although it does lead to another question; a lot of studies are conducted
> around the world, many of them would benefit dramatically from publicity on
> a "top-5" website. How far does supporting those that ask go?

I think we should do our best to help.  Mind you, not that many studies
would benefit that strongly from such exposure - we /are/ a pretty
biased sample, and unless the study is actually interested in
participants in a collaborative endeavor (as this once clearly was) they
are unlikely to come to us for support.

I suppose if there ends up being many of them, we'd have to sit down and
find some more streamlined system.  Perhaps a landing page where such
projects are collected, and a pointer to /that/ instead.  Or something
else we haven't thought of yet.

The point is, I think this is the first that wasn't done informally with
talk page invitations or email; so they're breaking new ground.  Kinks
and ruffled feathers are par for the course anytime you try something new.

-- Coren / Marc