[Foundation-l] We now accept $$$

Béria Lima berialima at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 09:58:23 UTC 2011

We accept Credit Card donations from Brasil since at least 2008 (that was
the 1st Fundraising I saw). The problem is that brasilian people often
don't pay anything with credit cards (at least not with Visa or
MasterCard), we pay things with direct transfer or debit card (not
acceptable in WMF Fundraising) and - if a Brazilian want to buy something
too expensive - with a specif store credit card (like for example a
"walmart credit card") - who works in Walmart and in Walmart only.

And since paypal also does not work with Brazilian reais, the only people
from Brasil donating to fundraising is a very small part of the population
who was a credit card who allow them to do International transfers.

Basically is what I answer to people from 3 years now ;)

But since we accept Rupee and Rubles, I have a small hope that we can
accept Reais too this year (after all, the three currencies starts with "R"
;) ;) )
_____
*Béria Lima*
<http://wikimedia.pt/>(351) 925 171 484

*Imagine um mundo onde é dada a qualquer pessoa a possibilidade de ter
livre acesso ao somatório de todo o conhecimento humano. Ajude-nos a
construir esse sonho. <http://wikimedia.pt/Donativos>*