[Foundation-l] Image filter brainstorming: Personal filter lists

Jussi-Ville Heiskanen cimonavaro at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 03:34:22 UTC 2011

On Wed, Nov 30, 2011 at 6:26 PM, Andreas K. <jayen466 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 29, 2011 at 1:30 PM, Tom Morris <tom at tommorris.org> wrote:
>

>> I find it highly unconvincing and wrote an extended blog post on the
>> topic a while back:
>>
>> http://blog.tommorris.org/post/11286767288/opt-in-image-filter-enabling-censorware
>>

> I found that a very entertaining, well-argued, and salient post.

While I don't find that line of argument to be a fully fledged
straw-horse argument, it
does appear to me to be a cherry-picked argument to *attempt* to
refute. There are
much stronger arguments, both practical and philosophical, at any
attempt to elide
controversial content. Even as such, I am not convinced by the
argumentation, but
would not prefer to rebut an argument that does not address the
strongest reasons
for opposing elision of controversial content, by choice or otherwise.