[Foundation-l] Chapters

Strainu strainu10 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 09:27:22 UTC 2011

2011/8/30 Ilario Valdelli <valdelli at gmail.com>:
> On Mon, Aug 29, 2011 at 1:04 PM, David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> But then, central planning is famous for its notable successes in economics.
>>

> Ok, but is WMF an economic institution?

As a "neutral" observer (i.e. not a member of any chapter) I can
honestly say it's beginning to act as one.

> Are chapters branches of WMF?

Apparently they will become just that from what I understand from this thread

> The notable successes should be in no profit organizations.

I think David made an ironic reference to communism here :)

The thing is, central planning works well for small-size entities. But
is the WMF still a "small size entity"? They say they are, cos' their
budget is so tiny etc., etc., but I think you can't expand worldwide
and still call yourself small. It just doesn't make sense.

Strainu