No subject

Mon Aug 1 16:01:43 UTC 2011

> AbuseFilter=A0allows privileged users to set specific controls on actions b=
> users, such as edits, and create automated reactions for certain behavior=
s.

Was there any discussion about giving every Wikimedia user an "abuse log"? =
don't really have any objection to the AbuseFilter (beyond the performance
implications, particularly with poorly written filters), but there are very
legitimate issues with giving every user a publicly accessible "abuse log".
The English Wikipedia basically renamed the entire extension to EditFilter.
Subsequently messages such as "abuse log" were changed to "filter log". (Th=
whole extension should be renamed to "ActionFilter" in my opinion.)

Was there any discussion about the possible mischievous uses of this
extension and how to curb them? Small wikis are particularly susceptible to
abuse if a few local admins want every article to not include a particular
viewpoint or particular phrases. Is there any plan to monitor this?

MZMcBride